Causes of Sunburns
Sunburn is caused by exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun or from other sources like sun lamps.
Symptoms of Sunburns
Sunburn symptoms include:
1.Redness of the skin
These sunburn symptoms may become apparent a few hours after sun bathing without protection and can be managed with home remedies.
Symptoms of more serious sunburns which require urgent medical treatment include:
2. Very painful skin
3. Swelling of the face
4. Fever and chills
6. Headache, confusion, dizziness
6. Fever and chills
The sunburn treatment for persons who just have skin redness includes the following home remedies:
1. Getting out of the sun
2. Applying a cool compress to the affected skin or taking a cool shower
3. Drinking extra fluids
4. Taking pain relievers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen
5. Applying aloe vera gel to the affected skin.
6. Wearing photo protective clothing like hats with wide brims, tops with long sleeves and trousers to cover the sunburned skin when going outside.
Ask a Skin Doctor and get a Private Answer by Email
1.Take a picture of the skin, hair or nail condition
2.Click on the Buy Now button below to pay the consultation fee and download the Dermatology Questionnaire
3.Fill the Dermatology Questionnaire
4.Upload the filled Dermatology Questionnaire together with the picture using this contact form
Categorised as: Skin Diseases