If my father has plaque psoriasis would it be possible to inherit from him guttate psoriasis even if they are different types of psoriasis?
To answer your question, I would like to highlight the following:
1. Psoriasis is a complex genetic disease since many genes are involved in its inheritance.
2. Persons who inherit the right psoriasis gene combination do not always develop the skin lesions of psoriasis.
3. The immune system also plays a role in triggering psoriasis since T cells, which are a type of white blood cells, cause inflammation and the increased turnover of skin cells associated with psoriasis.
4. Environmental factors like taking beta blockers, chloroquin and other medications, throat infections and even emotional stress also contribute to the development of psoriasis skin lesions.
5. Guttate psoriasis can develop in patients who have plaque psoriasis and it can also evolve into plaque psoriasis.
Therefore the short answer to your question is yes.
If your father had plaque psoriasis, you can develop guttate psoriasis.