Skin Specialists Online

The Online Skin Clinic

Ask A Skin Doctor: Severe Blushing Treatment

Dear Doctor

My cheeks are always red no matter why and its just always there and its been there for 2 years. Please help me out with it thanks.

severe blushing treatment

Dear Patient

The treatment of severe blushing includes:

1. Medications

Medications used to manage severe blushing include:

Anxiety medications can be prescribed to calm the person and reduce the frequency of the blushing.

Clonidine is used to treat uncontrollable facial blushing since it reduces the dilation of the blood vessels.

Beta blockers are also prescribed to reduce anxiety symptoms like blushing and palpitations.


2. Psychological Treatment

Cognitive behavior therapy is a type of psychotherapy that helps a person change their behavior so that they can respond to situations more positively by teaching them how to change their thinking patterns. It is thus used to help persons with severe blushing respond differently to the situations that make them blush.


3. Camouflage Therapy

Blushing can be camouflaged with green color corrective makeup or moisturizers.


4. Surgical Treatment

Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS) is a surgical procedure that is performed for patients who have severe facial blushing associated with hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating.

Ask a Dermatologist your Question

ask a skin doctor

Click here to pay the Consultation Fee and get a private answer by email within 3 days

Your Name

Your Email (required)

Subject[Free Dermatology Consultation]

Send picture of skin, hair or nail disease

Your Message

Pick "yes" below and only send us your message if you agree to the following: I give permission to use my question and picture. I understand that I do not have a doctor/patient relationship with Skin Specialists Online and their answers are for general information purposes only and not specific advice for me. I am more than 18 years old and I take full responsibility for any consequences that may arise from using the information offered by


Categorised as: Ask a Dermatologist Online | Skin Diseases

Comments are closed.

Bookshelf 2.0 developed by