Female, 22y/o, 5’0, 115 lbs. since I was younger, I’ve always had side with myscalp. I have very dry scalp that when I scratch I catch thick flaky dandruff.
Lately, it’s been crawling down to my forehead. I use neutrogena t-gel shampoo and any anti dandruff conditioner.
Also I dye my hair so I would use a color enhancing shampoo. I have a bad, very dry t-zone area. I don’t wash my hair thinking it would just dry my scalp out more because of such chemicals.
What regime should I use/do? Should I change my shampoo/conditioner?Stop dying my hair? Wash my hair everyday?
Your symptoms are suggestive of Scalp Psoriasis which is extending down to affect your face.
Scalp Psoriasis Treatment
Scalp psoriasis treatment includes the use of:
1. Coal tar shampoo like MG 217
2. Salicylic acid moisturizers like Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Moisturizer
3. Prescription steroid lotion like Betnovate lotion
4. Prescription calcipotriene foam like Sorilux
5. Omega 3 fatty acid capsule daily
6. Biotin 5 mg daily